Skin care tips for men? Sure many men often think they don’t need to take care of their skin. This would be a mistake. At some point it happens—your skin betrays you. This can be easilly avoided, or remedied at least, with a few basic tips for keeping your skin healthy and feeling great as well.
1. Use a good sunscreen. Many men work and play out in the sun, and sunscreen can seem a little wimpy, but one of the best, most sensible skin care tips for men is to use sunscreen. The sun ages skin, at best, and can cause serious skin damage including skin cancer. Protecting your skin from harmful rays is one of the best things you can do to preserve the health of your skin.
2. Use an aftershave that doesn’t burn. Most men are familiar with the sting after applying aftershave. The sting is the alcohol in the aftershave that can damage your epidermis. You’ve just shaved, which removed dead skin cells, but now the alcohol is drying your skin and removing the skin cells once again. To remedy this, try switching to an herbal moisturizer to replace the oils your skin lost when you shaved. No one has to know you’re consulting skin care tips for men or that you’re using moisturizer; let them think it’s aftershave. Only you have to know you’re taking care of your skin.
3. Avoid soap for your face. That’s not to say you shouldn’t wash your face; the problem is that most soaps have petrochemicals in them and will dry your face, which will damage your skin. The best choice for your face is not soap but a facial cleanser, preferably one with all-natural ingredients. Wash your face with your hands and massage it at the same time, stimulating blood flow to make your face look younger. The massage will give you a healthy glow; another one of those skin care tips for men no one else has to know about.
4. Keep your skin clean. Even by taking regular showers, you may not be taking proper care of your skin. If you have oily skin, go ahead and take that warm shower, but if you’re suffering from dry skin, tepid showers or colder are actually better for your skin. Use a natural body wash to cleanse away the dirt and toxins clogging your skin, and use a soft (not rough) towel to pat (not rub) your body dry. Treat your skin with a moisturizing lotion that’s pH-balanced, and your entire body will thank you.
5. Eat a balanced diet. Many men do not expect diet recommendations in a list of skin care tips. For men and women alike, how you eat affects everything about your health. Consistently eating enough fruits and vegetables provides your skin with essential vitamins, including A and D, while fiber is essential to skin health. And make sure you always get enough water; hydrated skin is essential to having healthy skin.
By following these skin care tips for men, you can keep your skin looking and feeling great in no time.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Laura M. Turner, journalist, author and Certified Natural Health Practitioner is the creator of the Body Talk eZine: Nature's Anti-Aging Treasures Website. She invites you to join her "10 Years Younger" Campaign and to learn more about living younger, healing yourself and those you love with quality retail or wholesale Young Living essential oils and essential oil-based products. Visit today and begin a healthier tomorrow.